Friday, September 15, 2006

One more example...

Ever since retiring after 20+ years in the United States Air Force, my Service of choice has blessed me with repeated reminders why I did so. And, it seems, the longer I am retired, the more often the Air Force chooses to remind me. This latest insanity from Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne does it again:
"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation. [Because] if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon and they claim that it injured them in a way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world press.
Back in the "old days," I never remember a senior military official ever giving a gnat's eyelash about what the international community thought about our use of military weapons. It sure wasn't the ultimate deciding factor in the use of fission weapons against the Japanese Empire. It absolutely could not have been a factor regarding the use of Agent Orange in Vietnam...Veterans Administration Hospitals are full of American victims of that chemical.

It really is time that this West Pointer who couldn't cut it in the real Air Force quits trying to mess it up permanently. Surviving AF Chief of Staff McPeak was more than enough punishment for one century...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home